…But today I will.
I have been nominated by the lovely Julie at Outtakes on the Outskirts for the One Lovely Blogger Award. The rules for the One Lovely Blog Award are that I need to share seven random things about myself and to nominate 10 bloggers for the award. So here goes:
- I cannot eat breakfast before 6am, lunch before 12pm, and dinner before 5pm. Ever. No lunch at 11:53am or dinner at 4:59pm. How much longer after these times never matters, but I am firm on not having meals too early.
- I met my husband at my alma mater, a woman’s college. The college began admitting men my junior year, and I met my husband my senior year, though he was a college employee, not a student.
- I originally chose Bitsy Girl’s name from one of my favorite childhood book series.
- I come from a very Italian family. My father prides himself on his homemade wine, my aunts make some of the best Italian Christmas cookies you will ever have in your life, and I could never, ever bring jarred sauce into my home.
- Just one inch shorter and I would be a legal midget.
- I have made every single loaf of bread we have eaten since the winter of 2010 (very soon after we were married). I’m not certain my husband will ever eat store bought bread again.
- I walked down the aisle to an acoustic rendition of Death Cab for Cutie’s “I Will Follow You into the Dark”. Although most of our wedding music was played by a d.j. through a sound system, this song we chose to have played by our brother-in-law since we worried the lyrics might terrify some of our family.
But enough about me. On to the nominations:
- 35aweek – delicious and creative recipes that won’t break your budget. Sometimes I think she is my kindred cooking spirit.
- Science of Mom – such a pleasure to read! This mom is very smart and very down to earth. Her posts are always informative, and I love the discussions that form in her comments below.
- AnimalFarm – I really just love following this blog. Her pictures are fabulous, and I’m just a tad jealous I don’t live on the farm.
- FrugalFeeding – combines two of my favorite things: food and being frugal. He has some great frugal and seasonal recipes.
- The Art of Manliness – don’t judge me for reading this. This blog is fantastic! My husband started reading it and showing me some of the posts, and I was hooked. I’m still upset there is no “Art of Womanliness” blog.
- The Frugal Girl – a great read! She has a very friendly style of writing with a dorky sense of humor. She has a lot of great things to teach to anyone trying to save a buck or two.
- Passionate Homemaking – This blog is almost overwhelmingly useful. I find myself going through their archives for hours. It is edited by one wife and mother, but there are often contributions by many other women. This is an excellent resource for any wife or mother.
- Jane’s Adventures in Dinner – I love a good Canadian. They are just fun people. This lovely Canadian wife/mom/cook is married to an Englishman, which makes for great adventures.
- Squint Mom – I love this blog because not only is it fun to read it feeds my scientific soul. I also like the title; it reminds me of the t.v. show Bones.
- Lost Art of Simple Living – because I couldn’t agree with her more. I love her tips and tricks on simplifying. I don’t quite get her love for chickens, though. 😉
There you have it folks. Congratulations to all of the nominees!
I’ll be commenting on your posts later this week to let you know I’ve nominated you.