So my morning routine may have scared some of you off of my blog forever.
Please do come back, I’m not the super-organized freak I make myself sound like. I just need to be super-organized at strategic times to make my day go well. Evening is another one of those times. Check out my usual evening routine:
- I was all of my dishes. I walk around the whole house making sure I grab any stray sippy cups or drinking cups that get left in weird places, and I was all of them. Depending on the day this could take anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours. (Perhaps I’m exaggerating.)
- Then I scour my sink. I use Borax: I just sprinkle a little in each of my double sinks and scour around the whole thing, then rinse with water. I have found it makes my sink look prettier, plus Borax keeps ants out in the spring and fall. Win, win.
- I wipe down the kitchen counters and the stove, letting all the crumbs fall to the fall. Don’t scream yet!
- I sweep the kitchen floor.
- Then I take about 15 minutes to run around the house putting anything out of place away (stray shoes, purse, toys, trash, etc.)
- My “work” is finally done! Then I can blog or work on another project.
This is the time I take to myself if my husband is working in the evening, or the time I spend with him when he’s home.
Regardless of whether he is home, I try to brush my teeth and wash my face before bed (which has been much more of a struggle than you’d think!), then read my Bible in bed. Yes, right before I go to sleep.
There are hundreds of reasons why this works best for me, not the least of which is that my brain is always going a million miles a minute, and reading my Bible in bed actually helps me to calm down. And I haven’t yet fallen asleep reading it, so I call that a win.
The one thing I continually struggle with in the evenings is going to bed early enough.
In my morning routine post I talked about waking up early in the mornings to run. When I meant early, I meant 4 am.
No, the sun isn’t up then.
I should be going to bed between 8 -9 pm.
I’m usually lucky if I’m in bed by 10 pm.
I get way too carried away with things I’m doing after the girls get to bed.
But I am working on it; I promise.
What is in your evening routine?